Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's All Invented...Really?

What a brutal week! I reported to school on Monday and walked into an ambush. The promises that I based the signature of my contract on were broken without remorse. Instead the give one for the gipper speech was either get on the bus or get off. Well, for me instead, I got on an airplane to San Antonio for a training session that I didn't know I was signed up for. I've been given new responsibilities that if asked before, I would not have accepted. However, this gave me a great opportunity to play the game...it's all invented anyway. My choice of reaction let everyone around me realize that my circumstances don't determine my reaction, yet my reaction changes my circumstances. Though the plane ride was short, I got the chance to listen to Ros and Benjamin Zander articulate their book The Art of Possibility. I was thrilled to purchase the audio version of the book, I figured I might as well considering I have two copies of the bestseller. I simply nodded my head several times as I reflected on the idea that the we see situations and have a choice on how we adapt. Now, I could have assumed that my district was using me or setting me up, considering the unhappiness I have been experiencing. However, my reaction was simply, "Ooh, I get to go to the Alamo and prepare for one of my lessons!" Later on someone asked me how to I hide my emotions or stress so well, knowing that this was difficult for me and my family to swallow. My response was that God has a reason for everything and I'm very curious to find out what that reason is. That's what makes it fun.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, it's not about hiding the disappointment, but changing the focus and finding the new truth in the situation that can empower you to do the job you feel like you were called to do. I look forward to the next episode in this story.

    ReplyDelete